Declaring a Major

New transfer students with at least one year of coursework at another college or university can declare a major as soon as they begin their studies at Richmond if they so wish. Major and minor declarations are processed officially only during the first two weeks of each semester, though they may be turned in at any time.

If you had a declared major at your previous institution, it has not automatically transferred with you; you will still need to declare a major at Richmond by completing the Major and Minor Declaration Form.

Expand All